I.N.R. 0388 (1956)
Director: Unknown Director; Producer: Films Division
Duration: 00:10:37; Aspect Ratio: 1.333:1; Lightness: 0.317; Volume: 0.179; Cuts per Minute: 19.118
Summary: 1. MOUNTBATTENS IN DELHI: Lord and Lady Mountbatten are greeted by Mr. Nehru and Dr. Radhakrishnan in Delhi. The dignitaries visit the Rajghat and place wreaths on the Samadhi of Mahatma Gandhi. Lord Mountbatten replied to Mr. Nehru's speech.
2. HOMAGE TO TANSEN: The 370th death anniversary of Tansen, the great composer of Hindustani music, is observed in Gwalior.
3. Newsflashe: (a) YUGOSLAV PRESS DELEGATION. (b) DORMOTORY FOR PAVEMENT DWELLERS: A new home for pavement dwellers is opened in Bombay by Chief Minister Morarji Desai.
4. WORLD OF ART: INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S ART EXHIBITION - DELHI: Two thousand exhibits selected from 35,000 entries are on display. President's Gold Medal is won by an Indonesian boy.
5. KALIDAS JAYANTI: Kalidas Jayanti is observed in Samastipur in Bihar
6. SPORTFOLIO: The Indo-Pakistan athletic meet in New Delhi. India's Joginder Singh wins the400-metre event. Pakistan's Abdul Khaliq breasts the tape in 10. 4 seconds equalling the 1952 Helsinki Olympic timing. He also wins the 200-metre event. Both India and Pakistan win different games.