I.N.R. 0432 (1957)
Director: Unknown Director; Producer: Films Division
Duration: 00:09:50; Aspect Ratio: 1.333:1; Hue: 90.909; Saturation: 0.000; Lightness: 0.241; Cuts per Minute: 26.441
Summary: 1. ATOMIC REACTOR INAUGURATED: India's first atomic reactor at Trombay near Bombay - by Prime Minister Nehru. Dr. Bhabha's speech.
2. SYRIAN PRESIDENT in DELHI: Mr. Shukri Al-Kuwatly at Rashtrapati Bhavan, Civic reception in Delhi.
3. VISWABHARATI CONVOCATION: Vice Chancellor Satyendra Nath Bose addresses the conference while Pandit Nehru recalls Gurudev Tagore's teachings.
4. NEWS FLASHES: (a) INDIAN SCIENCE CONGRESS: in Calcutta, Chief Minister Dr. B. C. Roy presides. (a) CENOTAPH UNVEILED: At Hirakud, by Mr. Gulzarilal Nanda. (c) SOCIAL WORKERS CONFERENCE: At Jaipur, Governor of Rajasthan inaugurates it. (d) SAIL PLANE: At Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi. (e) CHILD HEALTH INSTITUTE: Inaugurated by Pandit Nehru, in Calcutta.
5. HANDICRAFTS WEEK: All over India.
6. LAMAS ON TOUR: Dalai Lama and Panchan Lama at Chittaranjan Locomotive Works and Sindri Fertiliser Project.
7. SOVIET FILM FESTIVAL: Opening in Calcutta. Bombay also inaugurates the festival. A function held at the Films Division.