I.N.R. 0539 (1959)
Director: Unknown Director; Producer: Films Division
Duration: 00:10:26; Aspect Ratio: 1.333:1; Hue: 100.312; Saturation: 0.020; Lightness: 0.287; Volume: 0.173; Cuts per Minute: 21.063; Words per Minute: 76.785
Summary: 1. REPUBLIC DAY CELEBRATIONS: (a) MADRAS (b) TRIVANDRUM
(c) HYDERABAD (d) BOMBAY (e) LUCKNOW (f) CALCUTTA
2. HOMAGE TO MARTYRS: Mahatma Gandhi's Samadhi at Rajghat is the
scene of a solemn ceremony in observance of "Martyrs" Day.
3. TRIBUTE TO NETAJI BOSE: At Netaji Bhavan in Calcutta, homage
being paid. In Delhi Dr. Rajendra Prasad addresses a public meeting.
4. NATIONAL AWARDS FOR SCHOOL TEACHERS: Special function in
Delhi. President presents awards.
5. DUKE OF EDINBURGH'S TOUR OF INDIA: (a) DELHI UNIVERSITY:
Dr. Radhakrishnan confers on him the Honorary Degree of Doctor of
Science. (b) BHAKRA (c) FOUNDATION-LAYING: Of a college of
engineering and technology in Delhi. (d) ATOMIC ENERGY: Visit to the
Atomic Energy Establishment at Trombay.
6. SPORTFOLIO: (a) TEST MATCH - MADRAS: West Indies - India. West
Indies win the match and rubber too.