I.N.R. 0596 (1960)
Director: Unknown Director; Producer: Films Division
Duration: 00:10:28; Aspect Ratio: 1.333:1; Hue: 149.429; Saturation: 0.010; Lightness: 0.373; Volume: 0.224; Cuts per Minute: 18.807
Summary: 1. INDIAN EVEREST EXPEDITION: Led by Brig. Gyan Singh, the first allIndia expedition to Mt Everest prepares to leave New Delhi.
2. UNION GOVERNMENT BUDGET: Presented by Mr. Morarji Desai.
3. SOVIET SCIENTISTS AT TROMBAY: Prof. Emelyanov, Chairman of
the Soviet Atomic Energy Commission and his party at the Atomic Energy
Establishment in Bombay being taken around by Dr. Bhabha, Chairman of
the Indian Atomic Energy Commission.
4. NEWSFLASHES: (a) TIRUVALLUVAR DAY: Portrait of this great
scholar-seat in unveiled in Madras. (b) HOT SPRINGS OF VAJRESHWARI:
Governor of Bombay lays the foundation stone of a holiday camp. (c)
'BHARAT SHREE': Body beautiful contests in New Delhi as part of the
National Games. Satyen Das of West Bengal is Bharat Shree.
5. SHIVRATRI IN BIHAR:
6. SOVIET PREMIER LEAVES CALCUTTA: On the eve of his departure,
Mr. Khrushchev meets the Burmese leader U Nu and Prime Minister Nehru.
7. FRANCE EXPLODES ATOM BOMB: In the heart of the Sahara desert,
reported to be a 10-ton device, France's indigenous production.
8. NATIONAL GAMES: 19th event in Delhi.